Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So good I had to share!

I was reading 'The Word for you Today' for April 12th and thought this devotion was so good I wanted to share part of it with you. The verse was Romans 12:2.

"As you agree with God, believing what He says is true, change automatically happens. You start to think differently, talk differently, and act differently. Be patient with yourself; it's a process that develops in stages. Would you think there was something wrong with your child because they couldn't walk perfectly on the first few tries? No, you're delighted each time they take a step. When they fall you pick them up. When they mess up you clean them up and encourage them to try again. You never stop working with them! And God does the same with us. He's not angry because you haven't 'arrived,' He's pleased that you're pressing on, endeavoring to stay on the path." (The Word For You Today, April 12th, p. 26)

Sometimes I become frustrated with myself because I try to make, or add, godly changes to my life and I can do those things for a while, but I usually end up struggling to continue those changes. Then, I find myself feeling fearful that He is going to give up on me and that lie makes me give up on Him. I give up on Him, thinking, ‘oh well, since I am no longer of any use, or value to Him I guess I can quit trying.' I could not be more wrong. He has NOT given up on us and He WON’T give up on us because He cannot! (2 Timothy 2:13) It is in His nature to continue seeking us out.
Don’t Give up or Give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment